26/10/2011

the search is on for a quiet cooler

Now I've bagged another P4SCI, the search is on for a cooler.

Preferably passive, socket 478. I thought I had something useable... yeah, right. I'll put the original back on later after I've polished it some.

The setup is going to be pretty simple: one P4SCi as Firewall, another as server.
Core2Duo as HTPC machine - I'll show the idea for that later - and then the 201 will go into the kitchen with an SB-Live for use as a "radio".

However, both the P4SCis need new PSUs and new heatsinks, as 87W TDP is a hell of a lot and at least one will be banished to a case with lots of disks in it. I might be able to mount it on a wooden wall, but still, it needs a cooler.

If you've got a suggestion (at the moment it's going to be a Zalman 7000), comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment