23/11/2011

3ware 9650 red LED

go on, google will find it.

There isn't much on the web about this. One thing that has just occurred to me - I go the little blinking red LED on Saturday and figured the card was dead. One thing I haven't tried / checked is that the cache memory had been swapped out earlier. Since someone claimed this might be to do with the BBU, I figure it might also be to do with the cache... I'll take it out and test, but not right now.

PCI-X is supposed to be an extension of PCI, right? Well, I haven't managed to get the card to be accessed reliably in only a PCI slot. PCI-X is fine (if it's screwed down and only then) but PCI seems extremely unreliable.
Several different boards tested, all with similar results. 1TB and 1.5TB disks, Samsung, WD. Always the same - either they don't get identified every time or the don't get identified at all (the P5QL doesn't see anything, the P4SCI always sees them, the D945GCLF2 occasionally and the D510MO until they're in the same case). Go figure.

I think I'm going to be looking for a NF99-525 from Jetway with the extra ports on very, very soon.

- Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment