26/07/2012

Ah, and ZFS...

I should write about this, too. Well, the short version goes: "I lost a disk. And thought I'd lost teh data. I didn't lose data and now I have a backup". I also just got a 2TB disk as I'd taken the other 2TB out, so I now have 4TB lying around with backups on and another one for the system next time I bring it down. That should take it back to 5TB net; I've probably got 300GB of data from the summer trip, so if I copy that over, I've got minimal space left as of right now. Other news? the car got a new wheel bearing and now the arguments have started as to whether we need to replace it or not. The car, that is, as the bearing was done in Bonn. I dare say I'll write some more about some photo stuff sooner or later - in the mean time, I have fewer followers on g+ than before and I don't know why. Maybe I'm no longer in some circles? Don't know, I'll take a look and do some interaction on there and see if I can get my numbers up again. - Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment